AMS-Marine Services in cooperation with "SMM Emergency Response Service" aims to support your company and vessels, in times of crisis, when ship's crew and management quickly need precise technical information.
Comparing to ERS offered by Classification Societies, there is not any difference other than the ~50% lower price you get by using our service.
Enrolment with us will ensure compliance of your vessels with:
- MARPOL Annex I, Ch.5, Reg.37(4) (All oil Tankers of 5000 DWT or more shall have prompt access to computerized shore-based damage stability and residual structural strength calculation programs).
- Requirements of USCG Oil Pollution Act (OPA’90) and the relevant 33CFR155.240
and will help with:
- Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plan (SOPEP)
- International Safety Management Code (ISM).
The Benefits of our Service
- As an independent organization we serve exclusively owner's interests.
- We are available 24 hours a day and ready to monitor the condition of your ship in crisis within two hours.
- Our highly trained personnel is always next to you, in order to serve you in the best possible manner. Our response team comprises of Naval Architects trained as Salvage Engineers, using HECSALV© of Herbert Engineering Corp. (USA).
- Our involvement begins from the moment the incident is reported until vessel's re-floating, towing analysis (if required) and passage to safe port.
- We use the HECSALV© Salvage Response Software for Crisis Response, an internationally recognized salvage program used by US Coast Guard, major Classification Societies and Oil Companies.
- The engineering model of your vessel, created by our response team, also offers an excellent prerequisite for your vessel's after incident claim support.
- We guarantee high reliability, based on our experience of successful design work and plan approval by all Classification Societies.
- We can organize emergency drills as per your ISM and SOPEP requirements.
Our Special Approach
- We are using the top rank salvage engineering program HECSALV ©. This is our ultimate tool in our Emergency Response Service (on a 24 Hour Basis) for the ISM / SOPEP support to your Company for the Damage Stability & Residual Strength Calculation in case of collision or grounding or any other incident leading to hull failure.
- We possess enhanced know-how and experience in salvage engineering which is the essence of this service.
- We take a confidential approach to your problem, working in close cooperation with your Operation/Technical Departments.
- We have been involved in real cases and have successfully performed our task.
- We better handle all the information by having standard communication procedures among vessel, the shipping company and ourselves.
- We offer after-incident claim support.
- Comparing to ERS offered by Classification Societies, there is not any difference other than the 50% lower price you get by using our service.
Salvage Plan Objectives
The Salvage Plan details work and resources required for restoring the water-tight envelope, repairing damage, de-watering and re-floating the ship.
The Plan should include:
- Information compiled from the internal and underwater surveys.
- Engineering calculations of ground reaction, freeing force, damage stability, residual strength and hydrographic data.
- Anti-pollution efforts.
- Results, recommendations and actions from the Safety Survey.
- Restoring water-tight envelope.
- Damage repair.
- De-watering by pumping, compressed air and gravity methods.
- Reducing ground reaction.
- Pulling system rigging.
- Towing Analysis.
Ship Salvage Engineering Software
HECSALV© Copyright by Herbert Engineering Corp. (USA)
The role of a superior salvage response software is to provide the Salvage Engineer the resources for efficient evaluation, effective solution planning and clear communication / documentation for ship collision / grounding or other emergency situations. The following features of HECSALV© demonstrate the power of the program we use:
- Calculation of damaged condition while free-floating and comparison of alternative scenarios.
- Evaluation of wind, wave and tidal changes on ground reaction, longitudinal strength and oil outflow.
- Calculation of damaged condition while stranded on one or multiple pinnacles or a shelf.
- Calculation of residual strength after user specified extent of damage.
- Evaluation of partial or intermediate stage flooding based on soundings or tank pressure.
- Towing Analysis.
Emergency Response Service Implementation
- Modelling Phase: We enter the data of each of your vessels in our computer, with an initial charge.
- Response Phase: You enrol in our Emergency Response Service (on a 24 Hour Basis), with an annual fee.
For a quotation and more details, please "Contact Us"